For people who are constantly frustrated at missing out on my 60 second doodle offers because they weren’t the first commenter, you can now be frustrated by a lyrics quiz!
Whoever gets the most correct answers first wins a doodle! It should go without saying that if someone has already guessed the song, it will not be added to your point total (though you can still say you knew it).
I’m looking for song title, artist and optionally whether or not you like the song.
Using search engines is strongly discouraged!
1) Digital Underground – The Humpty Dance [SamuraiFrog]
I once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
2) Belly – Feed The Tree [Evil Evil Genius]
So take your hat off, boy
When you’re talking to me
3) Velvet Underground – Femme Fatale [Bubs]
Here she comes
You better watch your step
She’s going to play you like a fool
4) Led Zeppelin – The Battle Of Evermore [Bubs]
The tyrant’s face is red
5) R.E.M. – Exhuming McCarthy [Bubs]
You’re sharpening stones
Walking on coals
To improve your business acumen
6) Reunion – Life Is A Rock (But The Radio Rolled Me) [Dguzman]
Gotta turn it up louder
So the DJ told me
7) The Smiths – Panic [Evil Evil Genius]
Hang the DJ, hang the DJ, hang the DJ
8) Sonic Youth – Kool Thing [SamuraiFrog]
I’ll be your slave
Give you a shave
9) America – Horse With No Name [SamuraiFrog]
In the desert you can remember your name
‘Cause there aint no one for to give you no pain
10) The Jacksons – State of Shock [SamuraiFrog]
You got me on my knees
Please baby please
11) Ween – Don’t Laugh, I Love You [Cowboy The Cat]
Ernest Hemingway would always be there for me
But now Ernest Hemingway is dead
12) Cole Porter – Anything Goes [Bubs]
When most guys today
That women prize today
Are just silly gigolos
13) Television – Friction [Bubs]
I don’t wanna grow up,
There’s too much contradiction
14) Blondie – Rip Her To Shreds [SamuraiFrog]
She looks like the Sunday comics
She thinks she’s Brenda Starr
15) Lou Reed – Sick Of You [Never Identified!]
And there’s nothing to eat
That don’t carry the stink
Of some human waste dumped in the Nile
16) C.W. McCall – Convoy [SamuraiFrog]
Well we shot the line an’ we went for broke
With a thousand screamin’ trucks
And eleven long-haired friends of Jesus
In a chartreuse microbus
17) Hedgehoppers Anonymous – Good News Week [Never Identified!]
Someone’s found a way to give
The rotting dead a will to live
Go on and never die
18) Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody [SamuraiFrog]
Mama, just killed a man
Put a gun against his head
Pulled my trigger now hes dead
19) TMBG – Snowball In Hell [Evil Evil Genius]
If it wasn’t for disappointment
I wouldn’t have any appointments
20) Cream – Anyone For Tennis [Never Identified!]
And the elephants are dancing
On the graves of squealing mice
Bubs got within arm’s reach, but SamuraiFrog carried the quiz! Just curious, has anyone heard the song “Good News Week”? I thought it was kinda popular, but I had a mixtape with it a long time ago — don’t know if it’s been widely heard. It’s a delightful poppy song that mentions rotting dead! How cool is that?!!
But, I digress. A doodle for the winner, SamuraiFrog: Elvis Presley shedding a single tear.
This post turned out all melancholy, didn’t it? I didn’t predict it, but I respect it.
I kind of like how this all worked out. My next doodle offering will probably center around a movie quote quiz.
See ya next time!