- *Surrounding asterisks* – my chosen means of accenting a word in a post
- ALL-CAPS – I use this occasionally, more often in humorous posts.
- Bold – I don’t like bold — it doesn’t stand out as much as I would like.
- Italics – Don’t use this much, either. I remember noting the nice of use of italics for emphasis in The Catcher in the Rye, but I reserve italics on my blog for titles of albums and books (hey, did you notice I italicized a book title in this very sentence??!).
- Underline – Looks too much like a * hyperlink .
- Blinking – I don’t want you to kill me.
* Sorry, that wasn’t a link. This one is really, I promise!